Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP default route into OSPF Area 0

network_champ84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our Scenarios is two routers connected to ISP 1 and ISP2 both learning default route via BGP.

We have further single router attached to each ISP 1 and ISP 2 accordingly and then these two routers are connected via P2P. The idea is to redistribute BGP routes into OSPF area 0 so when one of the ISP links are down traffic is re routed via P2P link to 2nd ISP. 

It's working absolutely fine but I the LAN routers 1 and 2 are only showing default coming from ISPs then connected to not via P2P link. I know the routing table won't show more than one default route but is there a way to check whether default route is also learned via P2P link ?

If I do sh ip ospf route on one of the P2P link routers it would show 

External Route List
*> 0.0.0.0/0, Ext2, cost 1, fwd cost 1, tag 1
via 8.2.1.1, GigabitEthernet0/0/1

First Hop Forwarding Gateway Tree

8.2.1.1 on GigabitEthernet0/0/1, count 2
8.2.1.2 on GigabitEthernet0/0/1, count 1
8.2.1.3 on BDI10, count 2
8.2.1.4 on BDI10, count 1

We have done default orginate on both ISP routers so default is injected into ospf ..

Please can you guide. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lucasfreitas83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello network_champ84,

It was not very clear to me your need, please share a diagram of the network so you can understand a little better and try to help you.

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lucasfreitas83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello network_champ84,

It was not very clear to me your need, please share a diagram of the network so you can understand a little better and try to help you.

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

network diagram is attached . This setup is very simple and I think I tried to explain in detail but if not please check my network diagram. 

Hello.

'show ip ospf database' should show you both default routes...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card