Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP loop soo community

Hi Friend,

Motive: To generate looping scenario in bgp, for implementing soo community.

I am trying to create loop under bgp ,CE1 & CE2 running under AS 100 , PE1/PE2 running on AS200.

Topology

CE1----PE1----PE2---CE2
 |                                 |
 |                                 |
 |_ _192.168.1.0/30-- |

CE1: Lo1 100.100.100.100

Scenario 1:

CE1 and CE2 running ospf , AS override has been implemented towards CE1/CE2.Loopbacklo1 has been included under ospf process.

bgp backdoor command ran on CE2 for 192.168.1.0 Now CE2 learning 192186.11.0 prefix from ospf , PE2 learning via PE1

I shut lo1 on CE1, as soon as i am shutting the link , routing for this prefix is removed from all node.

I unshut the link and removed ip address from lo1 , after 3-5 sec routes has been pulled out from routing table on all node.

From internet source:

SoO is useful to prevent routing loops and sub-optimal routing, especially used to prevent routing loops on dual homed sites.

In have not used Soo , I need to know how loop is created here in dual homed sites, My observation says loop not created it is unreachibility of prefixes for some fixed time without SOO.

How I can create loop to test all these scenario under bgp.

4 Replies 4

Can you post the full configs of your routers, so we can lab this ?

Hello

CE1 & CE2 running under AS 100 , PE1/PE2 running on AS200.

CE1 and CE2 running ospf , AS override has been implemented towards CE1/CE2.Loopbacklo1 has been included under ospf process.

bgp backdoor command ran on CE2 for 192.168.1.0 Now CE2 learning 192186.11.0 prefix from ospf , PE2 learning via PE1

This does not sound correct?

You should have:

• mpls vpn between PE1-PE2 ( bgp)
  • Vrf between PE and CE rtrs ( running either bgp, ospf, eigrp and mutual redistribution on the PE rtrs between these)
  • an IGP between CE rtrs

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

PE1-PE2 running mpls vpn, vrf is already created on CE1 & CE2 with name CE1/CE2 respectively.

It is MPLS 3 VPN implementation with some addition configuration like override and bgp backdoor.

Redistribution done at PE1/PE2

Thanks

Hello

Still not clear what:

IGP( if any) is between the CE and PE rtrs
CE-CE connectivity ( you mention ospf and bgp)

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card