Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP multihoming

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am planning to do multihoming with 2 isp's with single router connected to both the service providers..i have public ip pool and AS number from apnic...in the planned setup i want to do traffic load balancing with failover so both the links will be active at the same time..

now for the incoming routing (Outgoing traffic) i will accept only default route from both the service providers and will not set any metric on received default routes from servcie provider so for outgoing traffic i will 2 default routes and both will be used to do load balancing...

now for outgoing routing (incoming routing) i am planning to announce few more specific networks on link1 and same networks as major on link 2 and remaining more specific networks on link 2 and as major on link1...how do i achive this..shall i connect route-map to my neighbour and in the route-map i should match those specific networks...need some help on the same..

now behind the router we have firewall in cluster from where we will create multiple site to site vpns..is there any way i can ensure the vpn traffic will be passed over specific link...As the subnet between Internet router & firewall will be announced to both the isp's same way i feel incoming traffic can come via any link,,also as i am accepting default route from service provider even cant do any traffic manipulation for outgoing traffic..need your expert comment on the same..

Sameer

1 Reply 1
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card