Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP-notification

Hi, in the following link page 11 Example 1, I tried to do it in GNS. I configured RTA the same as the example. I configured RTB with RIP. Finally. I configured BGP on RTC. I copied all commands shown in RTA to RTC. When I configured "nei 2.2.2.2 remot 100" I faced the following notifications.

RTA-->%BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.3 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification sent

RTC--> %BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.2 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification received

Why?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/border-gateway-protocol-bgp/26634-bgp-toc.pdf?dtid=osscdc000283

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello miracle_david@yahoo.com ,

you are using a well known document about BGP case studies but it is rather old.

The message that you see should mean that RTA is multi protocol multi address families ready

>> BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.3 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification sent

The Ipv4 unicast address  family is the default in older IOS versions.

You may be using an IOS version with a new different default that allows for MP BGP.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello miracle_david@yahoo.com ,

you are using a well known document about BGP case studies but it is rather old.

The message that you see should mean that RTA is multi protocol multi address families ready

>> BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.3 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification sent

The Ipv4 unicast address  family is the default in older IOS versions.

You may be using an IOS version with a new different default that allows for MP BGP.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card