Views
Helpful
Replies

Binding 2 Router's interface using 1 IP Address

Jackong
Level 1
Level 1

Good day!

I was designing our up coming office/project and we wanted a redundant links from router up to access layer switch.  I have done from core to access switch using HSRP on Core switches.  If possible we are planning to add 2 routers and bind interfaces so that we can use 1 IP Address only on a bonded interfaces from 2 routers for LAN and bind also 2 interfaces for WAN 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically possible - but you need give more clarity where the routers connected 

Can you Draw small diagram of your network. and giving IP address information, so we can advise what you doing correct or can be made changs

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for your response. I attached the sample design that we are planning to implement to our network.

Jason

we have not seen that diagram yet, may be under screening i guess, when it posted will comment

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi @Jackong 

When posting on the forum, add your pictures inline - i.e. PASTE your picture right where you want it.  If it is a screenshot, you'll probably then want to click on the image and make the image large - like this.

RedNectar_1-1685651021448.png

This means you pictures are actually SEEN (a) in the email that gets sent to subscribers and (b) anyone who looks at this post in the future. Adding pictures as attachments... puts your submission into the TL;DR category.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Hi Red

Thank you for your inputs. anyway this is my plan regarding our new office from core to access switch already done and working but from router side still not yet

Design.JPG

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card