cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocked on landline but not on WiFi

TexNolan
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if I am asking this in the right place, if not please let me know. I am studying for my CCNA so yes, a nooby.

Issue: I can download a program via WiFi but not on hardline.

Adobe Acrobat DC through Adobe Creative Cloud

Scenario:

I work in a school where we have 16 IDF closets, 43 switches, and 109 access points in 12 buildings with fiber connections between every IDF.  The main routing switch is c4500X-32 and most of the other switches are 3750 or 2900 not sure on letters on each of them, I think “X’s.” Access Points are 2/3rds 2602i and a 1/3rd are 3802i. Dual Sonic Firewall
We use Adobe Creative Suite and several programs from Adobe.

- If we download Creative Suite and any other program through Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premier, etc) everything works great.

- If we download Creative Suite and then Acrobat DC program through Creative Suite on WiFi everything works great along with all other programs.

- If we download Creative Suite and then Acrobat DC program 1st after Creative Suite through Creative Suite on Landline (Cat6) at any switch, it fails and any program after it sits in waiting.

-Downloading Creative Suite on Land Line or WIFI does not change the above situation.

Have used multiple computers at different locations. Some computers that failed have passed as soon as we moved them to WiFi.

Access Points are in the same network and switches that the hardline is in.

The Access Points are on a different vLan then hardline.  I have put that vLan on the hardline port to the computer and it still failed.

Tier3 Adobe is saying it's the Network issue.

I am thinking there is a configuration that is set to stop certain items but I am not sure how to find that.

Looking for any suggestions that might help. Where to look or tell me I am thinking incorrectly.

Confused….

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

@TexNolan wrote:

The Access Points are on a different vLan then hardline.  I have put that vLan on the hardline port to the computer and it still failed.

It sounds like your on the right track however I would say its the wifi client vlan you need to test via a wired port not the access-point vlan, As for reason why it isnt working is it possible you have some security policy preventing this download?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

@TexNolan wrote:

It sounds like your on the right track however I would say its the wifi client vlan you need to test via a wired port not the access-point vlan, As for reason why it isnt working is it possible you have some security policy preventing this download?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Sorry for the distance in responses.

I have taken the school from having a different subnet/vLan for each building and each level of personnel (83 subnets/vLans) to the level of personnel (less than 15 subnets/vLans).  While doing this I have resolved the issue. And many more. 

I am only a level one tech so my job covers more than networking. 

Creative Suite is a small application. the remaining applications you mentioned  are more than  a Gig I believe.

There could be download policy applied on firewall  for your lan. Check that.

Use SSID vlan not the AccessPoint   vlan and make a try.   

Response Signature

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card