Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Building a network for an IoT Project[Problem with Internet]

Hello, beautiful people!
I ´m working on a project based on the use of IoT for  attendance control of university students.
I was representing the network topology in cisco packet tracer with PCs(representing the IoT devices i´m gonna make), Acess Points, Switches and apparently they are working(They can communicate themselves, apparently). But the problem is that I´m having trouble building the server that will be "the internet"(The IoT will connect to a webservice) since I cannot communicate with him by sending UDP packets.
I am quite inexperienced in network design and cisco but i want  to learn. Can  provide me some suggestions? Thanks a lot!

An image of my current designAn image of my current design

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @JoseAparicio61812 ,

you will need to configure NAT Network address translation on the router connecting to the internet so that private addresses can be translated to a public address.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @JoseAparicio61812 ,

you will need to configure NAT Network address translation on the router connecting to the internet so that private addresses can be translated to a public address.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

problems meaning what exactly ? In your project snapshot it looks like the physical links the cloud and the server are down ?

If that IS a Packet Tracer poject, post the zipped project (.pkt) file.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card