Views
Helpful
Replies

c1161x-8pltep - Acoustics

tjansen123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find the acoustics specs for the c1161x-8pltep at all please ? I've gone through all the datasheets and there are no details. We are trying to swap out another router that is far too loud for the location and I want to check that this router isn't as noisy as the 82/83xx series!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

my remark about passive cooling is confirmed by the datasheet
Cisco 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers Data Sheet - Cisco     section key-features
-> a small-form-factor, fanless, all-in-one device
which means there will be NO noise produces by fan's, and this does not need to be specified

=> yes, the lack of noise produced will be an improvement over any other device WITH fan.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

??? what sound are you afraid off ?
AFAIK this series has passive cooling with only  air intake and exhaust vents
which need to be kept clear  to allow propper airflow and once in a while cleaned 

tjansen123
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have an 8300 series and it is too loud for the current environment as it is a small satellite office. I was thinking the 1161 would be more appropriate but I can't find acoustic specs.

my remark about passive cooling is confirmed by the datasheet
Cisco 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers Data Sheet - Cisco     section key-features
-> a small-form-factor, fanless, all-in-one device
which means there will be NO noise produces by fan's, and this does not need to be specified

=> yes, the lack of noise produced will be an improvement over any other device WITH fan.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card