cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I have LoadBalancing for Two ISP Connections (PPPoE and PPPoA) on Cisco 897va

hichamgreen1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two ISP Connection and I have Cisco router 897va,I want to have loadbalancing for two ISP Connection second connection is PPPoE connection and second is PPPOA(ATM) connection.

It's possible to do this ?

Thank you in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can balance per TCP flow (the default behaviour with CEF enabled).  Aka one user goes out one pipe and the next user goes out the next pipe.

Make sure you use nat with route-map that matchers the outbound interface, and then you just need two equal cost default routes (one going out each circuit).

View solution in original post

If they both have the same performance then everyone will have the same experience.

If one is twice as fast, then half the users will have an experience that is twice as fast.  This can then lead to users complaining about intermittent performance problems.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can balance per TCP flow (the default behaviour with CEF enabled).  Aka one user goes out one pipe and the next user goes out the next pipe.

Make sure you use nat with route-map that matchers the outbound interface, and then you just need two equal cost default routes (one going out each circuit).

Two connection should have the same (download/upload) speed ?

If they both have the same performance then everyone will have the same experience.

If one is twice as fast, then half the users will have an experience that is twice as fast.  This can then lead to users complaining about intermittent performance problems.

Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card