Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not connect to router

Muhammad Younus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have successfully configured inter vlan routing on cisco 3750 but could not connect to router. Port one is configured as no switch port with same sub net IP as router, but not working. Some plz help me...

8 Replies 8

kaushal.pawan
Level 1
Level 1

check the default gate ways on switch

I will check and will let you know...Thanks...

Hello I assume the interface connecting to the router has the correct subnet? Can you ping the router? How are you tiring to connect to the router? Does this router allow ping? res Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Yes the subnet is the same as the router's IP...

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you mean you cannot connect from any of your vlans then you will need to add routes on the router for these vlans with the next hop IP address of the L3 port on the 3750.

You will also need a default route on your 3750 pointing to the router IP.

Jon

I have already added the default route on the switch. I have seen CCNA video from Cisco Live he did not add any route on routers, the trainer just changed the switch port as a no switch port and he was able to ping from VLANS...

If you have multiple vlans/IP subnets on the 3750 then the router needs to know about them.

You either run a dynamic routing protocol or you use static routes but either way the router has to have routes for subnets it is not directly connected to.

Jon

AllertGen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, .

Can you show configuration of the interface at the router and interface at the switch? Also show result of the command "show vlan brief" from the switch (you can hide private information like IP). Thanks.

Best Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card