cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can PEAP with IAS be achieved on a Cisco 877w or 1841W?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have got a Cisco 877w working in VPN mode on a DSL line I have to my Head Office. I have configured the wireless as well on WPA/TKIP and and I can wirelessly connect to my Head office via wireless.

Now I want to secure things down more if possible. Can PEAP be used by this 877w (or a 1800 series) router to a Windows IAS RADIUS server which is in the head office?

That way I can manage access via Active Directory for these small remote offices. I guess though it's not good for this authentication to travel over the VPN?

I read a few old articles that LEAP can only be done, if PEAP can be done though my next question would be how?

I see that the RADIUS Host would need to be added like:

radius-server host 1.2.3.4 auth-port 1812 key rad1

Although I see IAS authenticates on ports 1812,1645 and accounting on 1813,1646.

Attached is my current config.

5 Replies 5

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Only peap can be done as 1800 series will not support peap.for autentcaition you can use leap.

Are you saying peap can or cannot be on the 1800 or 877 series? Only leap?

Yes, they support a broad variety of 802.1x EAP types, including PEAP.

NS

Thanks NS, I'm trying to configure my 877w to authenticate its users via a windows IAS radius server, would you have an example on how I can do this? I understand the windows side and that is ready its just the cli config part?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card