Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot log into cisco 1941 router to setup

sewtrainer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We purchased this router with the cisco IOS software installed.  I've installed the Vista driver on my win 7 box.  I believe that should work.  If not, please let me know.

I installed Putty to termainl in and I'm using a USB connection.

I cannot even log into the router.

I thought I was going to see some kind of setup wizard using the CISCO software so I would use a GUI and get things moving.

Can someone please get me started?  I've got loads of reference material with command etc. but I just can't connect to the router to make it happen.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Glenn Quesenberry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your question will be best answered on the "WAN Switching & Routing" forum of the larger Cisco Support Community as the 1941 is not part of the Cisco Small Business product portfolio.  You can browse to it by clicking here and post your question.

Best Regards,

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Patricia,

Per Glenn's suggestion I have moved your question to the Wan, Switching, and Rounting area so you do not need to re-post your question.

Best regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

What settings do you have for your putty session ?

1. correct port number (comx)

2.9600 baud

3.8 data bits

4. parity None

5. stop bits 1

6. flow control rts/cts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card