cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant surf before nat translation cleared ?? why ??

nir-quirk01
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

im new here and starting to study at my home for few month with cisco gears,

right now i have difficulties surfing the web with my 1841 router that connect to wan via pppoe,

after i download file with utorrent for example, i see that my nat table is full, and suddenly accessing the web is blocked untill i run the command:

R1841# clear ip nat translation * // * = mean all

what i need to do to solve it,

thanks in advanced

Nir

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can tweak the NAT timeouts to lower values and/ or limit the number of entries in the NAT table.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipaddr/command/reference/iad_nat.html#wp1076124

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

thanks dud for the answer, i read the artical and i didnt understand to what value i need to chane it, or what is the best why to achive my purpse

for your opinion what value can give me to continew downloading without problems, and what is a better way to limit the TCP translation number or to limit the time that NAT saving the trans ??

Hi,

I think you should police the P2P traffic but anyway your timers musn't be too aggressive and I think that trial and error is the way you must go.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

hi,

i try to lower my connection number in my uTorrent client, but its still unsuccessful!,

and every 10 minutes i get this error in to my console session:

*Feb 11 22:22:51.091: %SYS-2-CHUNKBADMAGIC: Bad magic number in chunk header, chunk 0  data 6568D8B0  chunkmagic 6020CE90  chunk_freemagic 64B72064

-Process= "", ipl= 4, pid= 60

-Traceback= 0x60E5FCB0 0x6020FBF8 0x602D395C 0x62663C04 0x62660B68 0x62660D60

can you help me with it here, do you need me to upload my running-config ?

thanks

hi,

the error logs could be a bug. try to upgrade your IOS and see if it resolves your issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card