Helpful
Replies

Catalyst C8200 "Router" License

edsiew1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me out here... 

So far I don't see any mentioning of Security license (as in the ISR4K) being mentioned in the Catalyst C8200 documents.  Only hsec is being mentioned. Is the security license not applicable on the C8200? Does it come by default?  If I order bandwidth tier-2 license and without "activating" the hsec license, will I get IPSEC throughput of 250M bi-directional? 

TIA

5 Replies 5

Thanks for the response.  I see in the document saying "HSEC is an *add-on* license above the Security (SEC) technology package license" and "Without an HSEC license, SEC performance is limited to 1000 tunnels and a total of 250 Mbps of IPsec throughput in each direction." 

Is the "Security (SEC) technology package license" part of the network essential license. If we didn't "activate" the HSEC license, can we have the crypto/IPSEC feature?  I'm thinking in the line of the ISR4K which requires Security license (e.g. SL-4330-SEC-K9) for IPSEC.  So for the C8200, is there any license required if we only need 250M IPSEC throughput? 

Hello,

I sifted through the documentation, which is rather tedious, but I think you are right. IPSec is part of DNA Essentials (which is required anyway), so it is 'included'.

basically these model is keeping mind of SD-WAN  edge routers

you need network or DNA network advantage, you can use DNA License model for throughput

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB,

Thanks. I supposed the network/DNA essential should be ok too, right?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card