Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE router configuration for MPLS link

Hi

i am stuck in the configuration in the MPLS router  for the newly connecting remote offices over MPLS2.

we are already running MPLS1 to our branches with one SP using BGP and for internal network eigrp.

and now we are going for another SP to connect to our small outlets....

our ISP has given only the IP for our side to configure ,

now what i have to configure to grant access to remot small outlets use my dhcp dns and call manager server and DMZ servers via MPLS

whether i have to add the route in eigrp or BGP.

nour.jpg

please can any one guide me.....

Thanks in advance...

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure BGP (similar to MPLS1) and peer with the ISP, then perform mutual redistribution, BGP<->EIGRP

Hi Edison,

How can i add two BGP process on a single router.

BGP and Eigrp are alredy in place for isp 1 and the branches are connected over the tunnels so no need for redistribution,

now do i need to add the ISP2  route in my existing BGP process and the internal routes coming from ISP2 to my eigrp process...(as the outlet have private ip addressing scheme to connect to our internal network).

Per your diagram, what CE are you referring to?

I replied based on CEs located in the upper right region of your diagram.

Those will peer with BGP to the ISP and redistribute BGP learned routes into EIGRP.

These CEs will also advertise their EIGRP learned routes into BGP. Mutual redistribution.

It seems you are referring to 16.2?

If so, you don't have to configure another BGP process. Just have the ISP peer with your current AS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card