cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco bgp router for multihoming load sharing.

megahostzone
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

I am planning for small data center with only 100 Server. I am with currently 2 ISP. and my own IP block with APNIC. I shall take 2 diffrent ISP bandwidth. Now question is which router will be best for me i have low budget so please suggest me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't buy 2 new equipments for $2k. Not enough.

You could connect 2 ISPs to a 2911 but performance throughput could be impacted.

2911 is rated at around 180Mbps.

I'm not sure about the used market but if you are able to purchase a 7200 with NPE-G1,

you will be able to substain around 520Mbps.

You also need to take into account smartnet contracts.

Without it, you won't be able to download images nor obtain support from Cisco.

You need to increase your budget.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can start with a 3900 or an ASR 1K, consult with a local cisco reseller for pricing and options.

Dear Sir

my  budget is $2000 USD what is your suggest now?

Not enough.

You may need to go into the used market (eBay) and search for a 7200 router.

Or a new 2911.

Again, best to contact your local Cisco reseller, if you are pursuing the 2911, as they may be willing to negotiate with you.

Hello Sir,

Only single router 2911 and layer 3 Switch is enough for me? or i need any other thing also? Can i connect 2 ISP in same router for load balancing?

You can't buy 2 new equipments for $2k. Not enough.

You could connect 2 ISPs to a 2911 but performance throughput could be impacted.

2911 is rated at around 180Mbps.

I'm not sure about the used market but if you are able to purchase a 7200 with NPE-G1,

you will be able to substain around 520Mbps.

You also need to take into account smartnet contracts.

Without it, you won't be able to download images nor obtain support from Cisco.

You need to increase your budget.

hello again sir ,

i got your point ...i am ready to increase my budget ...but in that  case of what will be the best supported (reasnable) solution for me ..will  a 2911 router and a 3 layer switch will do the cause ...or i need some thing else ..and one last question which layer 3 switch you would suggest

How fast is the connection towards the ISP?

As far as the layer 3 switch, since your budget is low, you can start with a 2960-S which supports static routing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card