I'm trying to have internet access in a 881G router through sim I introduced. The operator is Vodafone and I know 3G is working fine cause HSPA works out well if you introduce sim in a mobile, activate 3G and try surf.
I just called Vodafone and they confirmed the APN, user, pass and authentication are correct so I understand there is a configuration issue in the router. The config I've got nowadays is very simple:
Router#sh run [output supressed] multilink bundle-name authenticated chat-script gsm "" "AT!CALL1" TIMEOUT 20 "OK" license udi pid C881G+7-K9 sn FCZ184190MC ! controller Cellular 0 ! interface FastEthernet0 no ip address ! interface FastEthernet1 no ip address ! interface FastEthernet2 no ip address ! interface FastEthernet3 no ip address ! interface FastEthernet4 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface Cellular0 ip address negotiated ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly in encapsulation slip load-interval 30 dialer in-band dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer string gsm dialer-group 1 no peer default ip address async mode interactive ! interface Vlan1 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly in ! ip forward-protocol nd no ip http server no ip http secure-server ! ! ip nat inside source list 1 interface Cellular0 overload ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Cellular0 ! access-list 1 permit any dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit ! ! control-plane ! ! ! line con 0 no modem enable line aux 0 line 3 script dialer gsm modem InOut no exec transport input all transport output all line vty 0 4 login transport input all ! ! end
I realized if I launch show interface cellular 0 commando I can see the next:
Router#sh int cell 0 Cellular0 is up (spoofing), line protocol is up (spoofing) Hardware is 3G Modem-QuadBand HSPA+R7/HSPA/UMTS QuadBand EDGE/GPRS Global and GPS Internet address will be assigned dynamically by the network MTU 1500 bytes, BW 9 Kbit/sec, DLY 100000 usec, reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255 Encapsulation SLIP, loopback not set