Views
Helpful
Replies

Cellular lte technology auto/lte/gsm

gservicios
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have an issue with a 4g router in a site where the coverage is not so good. I was trying to change the cellular technology from auto to gsm in order to test the stability of the link.

The router model is C819G-4G-GA-K9 and Cisco IOS Software, C800 Software (C800-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)M5,

The cellular interface must be admin down in order to make this change as the command outpus says:

ROUTER1#cellular 1 lte technology gsm
Warning: Not all PDP contexts are in shutdown state
Please shutdown all the interfaces manually and re-enter this command.
CMEX-FRA-DKERTRDV01#

Now if I shut the interface I'll lose management of the router.

Is there any way to perform this action remotely through a script or applet?

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Anything you do there is rolling the dice a bit. My suggestion would be to put the commands you want to run into a file and put that file on the flash of the router. Schedule a reboot of the router for 30 minutes to give things enough time to stabilize after the change. Make sure the current config is written. Once the reboot is scheduled and the config is written, do a "copy flash:script-file run". It will drop your CLI session, but it SHOULD come back if that works. If not, the router will reboot at the scheduled time and it SHOULD come back up with the old config. It is always a difficult dance when changing configs in remote routers in ways that interrupt connectivity.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card