cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certification next steps

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

I just took and passed the 300-115 SWITCH exam yesterday to re certify my CCNP R&S (also my CCNA and CCNA Wireless). I was thinking of working towards the CCNP Wireless next, or doing CCNA Voice -> CCNP Voice. Would I be better off going for this new CCNP Enterprise cert? I'm just now hearing about it today.

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Since you've just recertified your CCNP R&S, use the next three years to learn something new!

If you are planning on completing CCNP Collaboration then either pass all four exams by Feb 24th, or focus on CAPPS (300-085) or CTCOLLAB (300-080) as both of these will be transferred into the new system. Which ever you choose you will need to achieve CLCOR (300-801).

cheers,

Seb.

Yes, I would love to learn something new!

Before I work towards the CCNP Collaboration, wouldn't I first need to do the CCNA Collaboration? I really don't think I'll be able to do all that before next February.

With these new certs, having the CCNA equivalent is no longer a prerequisite.

cheers,

Seb.

I can‘t talk about Collaboration, but wireless is for sure a very interesting and important topic. You probably have seen that the CCNP Wireless will retire and wireless is incorporated into CCNP infrastructure. In addition to that, the actual CCNP Wireless courses are pretty much outdated. You still can learn a lot here, but you will probably miss all what happened in the Cisco wireless world in the couple last years.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card