Views
Helpful
Replies

CGS 2520 Alarm Error

J_Cole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco CGS 2520 16S 8PC switch that is connected to some external relay via the alarm port.

With only the RPS alarm enabled it works perfect and the LED on the switch and the relays reset when power is returned to the switch. 

The issue is that there needs to be an alarm when the low DC voltage goes out of the threshold which has been setup but the alarm is not clearing once the voltage is back within the threshold.

When change the switch it see the voltage in at 54Volts which is within the treshold but shows an alarm, and the message for the alarm is that power supply A1/B1 is below the minimum threshold.

Is this a bug on the version or is there another command for resetting the alarm?

Switch: CGS-2520-16S-8PC

IOS:15.2(4)EA5

Thanks for the help in advance.

2 Replies 2

J_Cole
Level 1
Level 1

I have found that this is a bug on the old version but it seems that it is still happening on the later version of the IOS.

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCue49665 

Update

I have now tried a fresh iso on the same version, 15.2(4)EA5 and update to 15.2(6)E2a, but I am getting the same issue with the alarm.
Both these are past the known fixed versions and should work, but doesn't.

Is there anything that I can try next? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card