Views
Helpful
Replies

Change default route for certain hosts

MICHAEL CICCONE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two T1 links from a remote office, one goes to the data center the other goes to our HQ office. Currently the default path is to use the T1 that goes to the data center. This is the correct behavior. I would like to have some traffic use the other T1. What I was thinking of doing is have specific host routes. For example. From the remote office create a host route to use the other T1 (going to HQ). so I know I can create ip routes such as:

ip route 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.255 T1 Link at HQ but I want to make sure that the return traffic uses this same path. But only for this remote office. I don't want to change the routes for other offices using this server. So I'm not sure how to setup the return traffic so that only that one network (10.2.24.x/24) uses this link but other traffic would flow the correct way. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Replies 2

This is perfect. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card