Views
Helpful
Replies

Change SDM prefer template on ASR 920 not working

MysticalTh0r
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I need to configure a Police Based Routing (PBR) on an ASR 920, so I'm trying to configure the SDM template to "netflow-video" (I also tried "video" template) as required by the Cisco guidelines. Despite having activated the necesary "advanced metro ip services license", the SDM template does not change and it shows "sdm prefer default".

I configured "sdm prefer netflow-video", saved and reloaded the device (twice) , but I got this message during the reboot: "Template configuration ignored. Reason: Reload not chosen".

I tried both using the autoreboot (since after configuring the sdm template it starts a countdown to reboot itself) and manually rebooting the router, before the countdown finishes; none of these worked so far. 

The router is on IOS 16.9.4 and I've been able to change the SDM profile on other ASR 920 routers with the same IOS version. 

There is also no PBR configuration or anything which would need the profile to work; only access-list to configure QoS, routing (no PBR) and SNMP, pretty straightforward , basic configuration.

I found this bug, which might apply, but it's description is confusing and there are no afected IOS-XE version listed. 

Any suggestions? I'd like to save the IOS upgrade "wildcard" as a last resource, since many routers deployed on our network use the 16.9.4 version.

Thanks,

Best regards.

1 Reply 1

andre-oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Please, did you find a solution or workaround?

Here I'm getting the same behavior in the same scenario, but with version 16.9.3. 

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card