Hall of Fame Community Legend

Cisco 1751 router stuck in rommon

How do I format it in rommon mode?

rommon1>format flash:

Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco 1751 router stuck in rommon

That command does not work.

also I did get tftp to work ( was an issue with static ip and windows firewall)

But I am getting some insane errors, see if you can make sense of it. It is with memory but that does not make sense as the ios's are some of the small ones i am attempting to use.

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” – IBM M

Re: Cisco 1751 router stuck in rommon

Insufficient Memory to load image.

Try a different IOS.  Possibly in the 12.3 range.

Beginner

Ok I tried using the smallest ios possible for this router and it still says the following.. There was an ios on this router at one point in time so something has to work..

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” – IBM M

Ok I tried using the smallest ios possible for this router and it still says the following..

It's not the size of the IOS file (flash).  It's the size of the required memory for the DRAM.  As I've posted previous to this, try a different IOS version in the 12.3 or even 12.2 range.

Beginner

Alright I understand, I ordered a 128mb ram stick for the router. Thanks for the help guys, Ill keep you posted once the ram comes in.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards