cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1800 Router PPPOE Authentication

mtnvictory69
Level 1
Level 1

What commands do I need to enter to correctly authenticate with my DSL PPPOE provider? I need to have the ID and Password entered into the router.

Thanks

mtnvictory69

19 Replies 19

Michael,

I need to see your complete configuration now. Thank you!

Regarding the DNS, try adding the command ppp ipcp dns request accept to the Dialer1 interface. Then shutdown the interface using the shutdown command, wait a few seconds and reactivate it again using the no shutdown command. Then ask your PC to release and renew its IP address from the DHCP server. Hopefully, the DNS server should now be passed to your PC.

By the way, can you ping a public address, say, 8.8.8.8 from the router? Can you also ping it from a PC inside your network?

Best regards,

Peter

Michael,

Any news after adding the suggested ppp ipcp dns request accept command to your Di1 interface?

Best regards,

Peter

None we are taking a different route now, thank you so much for you help.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

I understand. It's sad we haven't been able to finish the configuration fully. We were very close to have your router completely configured and working, just a few more turnarounds were necessary... but I guess it does not matter anymore, as you chose to take a different approach.

Still, thank you for asking and for patience with my suggestions.

Best regards,

Peter

Also I am supposed to use the dedicated IP's that i received from the ISP they are

User-assignable 70.58.191.193

User-assignable 70.58.191.194

User-assignable 70.58.191.195

User-assignable 70.58.191.196

User-assignable 70.58.191.197

Reserved Gateway 70.58.191.198

InternetSubnetMask=255.255.255.248

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card