cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1921 Flash Memory

kapladhawn
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a cisco 1921 off e-bay and it appears the current config has an att config that I can not reset. I have tried booting into ROMmon to no success. I have tried taking out the flash memory and booting a few times to try to get it to boot to ROMmon. I am fairly new to the hardware side of things. Is there a way I can reset this router, or do I have cut my losses?

Thanks for the help, if you need more information, willing to give it.

5 Replies 5

Hi ,

The router has probably the password recovery feature disabled.

Try to boot the router normally and wit until the IOS verion displays as in the image below.Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 12.04.15.png

Now start pressing break sequence continuously until the factory reset message appears and press Y and reboot.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have credentials ? or you dont have credentials at all ?

follow below guide :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cannot-break-to-rommon-because-the-no-service-password-recovery/ta-p/3131504

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Carlo Poggiarelli@balaji.bandi

Don't waste any more effort with this thread.

The OP has removed the flash he got from ebay and is able to boot the router into ROMMON.

Hi @Leo Laohoo  

From what the user posted he’s not able to get into rommon. He got the whole router on Ebay not only the flash.

I think the community is intended to help on technology and, in some cases, even users that don’t have so huge economic potential to get brand new Cisco devices….. at least that’s also the reason why I started attending the community. ‘;-)’

Happy holidays 

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

@Carlo Poggiarelli 

The OP has posted in a different forum.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card