cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941 WAN connection

jessegallegos
Level 1
Level 1

I can get my dhcp on gigabitethernet 0/1 setup with dhcp where it will hand out an IP to a computer and I got the gigabitethernet 0/0 setup to get dhcp address direct from isp modem...however can't ping out to any IP or www address.  I can ping the router from the computer and I can ping out www or IP addresses ok from router console.  I just can't get any traffic from computer to outside world...can someone help guide me?

5 Replies 5

@jessegallegos hi, are you configured NAT? make sure using NAT from LAN subnets to internet interface.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I haven't learned how to configure NAT yet.  Still taking CCNA class.

@jessegallegos check below guide. you can get the idea of NAT using his guide any try to use it in your lab.

How to Configure NAT on Cisco Router Step by Step - (with Examples) (networkstraining.com)

Good luck
KB

This is for a home network if that matters...I'm just trying to learn it.  If I'm reading that article correctly I have a choice of NAT using an access list or using PAT that doesn't require access list?  Is that correct?

@jessegallegos all NAT settings need ACL to select the traffic for NAT process. then interfaces need to configure by telling which is outside (internet connected) and inside.

in 1st section it explains how to do normal NAT with overloading . 2nd section explains about Static NAT which is not needed for your requirement for now. 

Good luck
KB
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card