cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2600 Routers, can't find adequate cable for connecting (2) Wic 2T serial connections

ralphmassey
Level 1
Level 1

I have two cisco router I am trying to setup for some testing but I am having trouble locating a part number for a cable to connect the WIC 2T dual port card on the back of one router to the WIC 2T dual port card on the back of the other router. I find cables that go to or from these cards to everyu single other port but to another WIC 2T card. WTH? lol

Can anyone tell me the reason or the point me in the right direction to find this cable? Seems impossible i even searched to the connector type and tried to find end to end of that connector. im at a loss.

Im about to buy an old serial card to put in one of them so I can have a cable that works. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

each of those cables has a male and female type. You will need any of those two cables for this connection, one male and one female, and just connect them together.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b0858.shtml#cables

So you are telling me I can get a cable with two of any of these connector types and it will plug my WIC 2T card to my other WIC 2T card?

I am looking to order one of these cables online. I understand your answer but it didn't really help my search or select a cable to order. So I guess I will randomly pick one of the connectors below and hope both ends plug into the Mini serial port on router1 and mini serial port on router2.

Thanks anyways.

V.35 DTE

CAB-SS-V35MT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

V.35 DCE

CAB-SS-V35FC(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Female

RS-232 DTE

CAB-SS-232MT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

RS-232 DCE

CAB-SS-232FC(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Female

RS-449 DTE

CAB-SS-449MT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

RS-449 DCE

CAB SS-449FC(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Female

X.21 DTE

CAB-SS-X21MT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

X.21 DCE

CAB-SS-X21FC(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Female

EIA-530 DTE

CAB-SS-530MT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

EIA-530A DTE

CAB-SS-530AMT(=)

10 feet / 3 meters

Male

Randomly, hoping, and networking are concepts that do not go well along.

If you look in the popular auction site, you will find already made cables for back-to-back connections. Cisco doesn't make these.

i used v.35's in the past

as Paolo said, search for "cisco smart serial to serial cable wic-2t"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: