Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2951 Router Reboot

XavierDArthur
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has anyone had an issue with a CISCO 2951 Router rebooting itself. When checking the show version for last reload, I am getting this following error: System returned to ROM by address error at PC 0x652B79C, address 0xDEADBEFB. Any insight on the cause of this error would be greatly appreciated.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
address error at PC 0x652B79C

Looks for me some hardware issue, first I will try erase the Image and config (like factory reset) and configure again and test it.

if this is happening frequently, then replacing  device is advise (if this is in production network)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Is it always at the same memory allocation ? aka 0x652B79C, address 0xDEADBEFB ? 

how old is router? what is operation environment ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Martin,

Yes it is. the router is only a few months old but I am pretty sure it was refurbished. Its in a constant operational environment.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the following command: 

1. sh version
  2. dir

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably a bug , upgrade to latest advisory release , if applicable : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282774230/type/280805680/release/15.7.3M8 , check if that can help.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

is your 2951 still covered under smarnet? end of support is dec 31, 2022.

try opening a TAC case and they'll usually ask for the crash file info, show tech, etc.

an IOS upgrade will usually resolve this kind of issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: