cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3825, Cisco 7206 VXR and Cisco 1841 Replacement

khalidalminyawi
Level 1
Level 1

i have Cisco 3825, Cisco 7206 VXR and Cisco 1841 Routers ,so i need to replace them with other CISCO Models so i need recommendation for each Model replacement .

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco's replacement will depend on the bandwidth required.  

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each product has a different replacement, So the new term is what is your requirement, buy based on the requirement model a throughput requirement license.

ISR/ ASR.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- An overall view is presented here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/router-selector.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As the other posters have noted you'll can use vendor recommendations for one-for-one replacements or tables listing various model capabilities and capacities to match to your requirements.

Your 7206's performance will vary depending on what processing "engine" (i.e. NPE-?) it's installed with.

However, I just want to add, newer models tend to have more capacity for the same model, so if you don't need the extra performance you can often "downsize" the replacement model.

For example, an "ordinary" 3825 is documented as a 12 Kpps processor, or about 12.8 Mbps for minimal size packets.  That's about the same as an 860, while an 880 has twice that and an 890 four times that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card