cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3925e Router Configuration

mario11584
Level 1
Level 1

I apologize if this is a duplicate post. I looked but didn't find anything. I'm looking for a configuration guide, similar to the ASA Configuration Guide, that that can provide documentation on how to configure a Cisco 3925e router. I have my CCNA and a fair amount of real world experience configuring routers but ultimately what I am looking for is guidance on how to configure BGP on this beast. I learned a great deal about ASAs by running through the ASA Configuration Guide and I am hoping to do the same with the 3900 series ISRs. Thanks in advance for your help.         

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi,

here's a link for you:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/12-4t/irg-12-4t-book.html

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Thank you! That's very helpful! Do you know of any configuration documentation for the 3925 router?

Hi,

yes but it is only basic stuff: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10536/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Regards.

Alain

Thank you. I did find that documentation. I was hoping to find something with more more detail similar to the ASA configuration guide. It seems like it doesn't exist which I find interesting.

Thanks again!

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Dave, software features, such as BGP, are not generally unique to the platform, but to the IOS version. The reference guide and configuration guide, for your IOS version, would probably have about the best information for your 3925e's BGP.

With a feature such as routing protocol, there's usually very, very little difference between IOS versions (at least very little differences we can see externally, sometimes there's differences in how certain parts of the protocol are implemented - some times documented in a tech note).  Because of this, you might also find different white papers, tech notes and case examples, for a software feature's utilization,  e.g. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c95bb.shtml, which can also be helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card