Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4000 series

ranjit123
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I am opting for Cisco 4431 router on which we will be terminating 150 Mbps circuits, and IPSec tunnel will be configured to transport the traffic. IPSec throughput can reach upto 100 Mbps  in this case do i require FL-44-HSEC-K9 license for 4431 series also ?? As i will be exceeding the 85 Mbps limit?

please update

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

yes, if you require more than 85Mbps of IPSec throughput, you need the FL-44-HSEC-K9 license.

--> The High Security (HSEC) license removes the curtailment enforced by the U.S. government export restrictions on the encrypted tunnel count and encrypted throughput.

View solution in original post

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As you are sure about your network that IPSec may reach up to 100 Mbps then you must require  "FL-44-HSEC-K9" license. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello,

yes, if you require more than 85Mbps of IPSec throughput, you need the FL-44-HSEC-K9 license.

--> The High Security (HSEC) license removes the curtailment enforced by the U.S. government export restrictions on the encrypted tunnel count and encrypted throughput.

Thanks a lot Georg

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

As you are sure about your network that IPSec may reach up to 100 Mbps then you must require  "FL-44-HSEC-K9" license. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

Thanks a lot Deepak

Hi,
Your welcome and I am happy my solution has worked for you.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar
Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
As the other posters have noted, yes you need the HSEC license.

Just curious, when you note you'll have 150 Mbps circuits and up to 100 Mbps of IPSec traffic, that's aggregate for the IPSec? If not, keep in mind you would have up to 200 Mbps of IPSec aggregate traffic and the HSEC would only allow up to 85 Mbps.

Hello Joseph,

Thanks a lot for your reply.. yes 100 Mbps of bidirectional IPSec traffic..
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card