cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881 with dynamic isp config troubles

Vitalij
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, im a bit new to cisco configuration but i have big wish to learn. I have a situation here. Been trying to configure cisco 881 router tru ios for internet access, i have dynamic isp, ive been playing with this thing for a while now, and cant find a solution of what is wrong with my config. I assign vlan1 to my int fa0 still no results, no internet access, cant even ping now.... I would really need sone help...

20 Replies 20

Hello,

--> i have connected wan from switch to fa4, and from fa0 to the pc

It only works if your router is directly connected to the ISP line. I cannot visualize what your physical connection looks like, it needs to be:

ISP --> FastEthernet4

?

I have now connected my fa4 straight to the rj45 socket not to switch, but cant see the message that my dhcp pool assign the address. I Iust be doing something wrong here :/

What switch ? Is that the incoming line from the ISP ? Post a picture or a schematic drawing of how your physical devices are connected ?

Sorry for bad English, what i mean, i have:

ISP -> Fastethernet4

Hello,

did your ISP give you a username and password ?

Try and change the configuration as below:

interface FastEthernet4
no ip address
duplex auto
speed auto
pppoe enable group global
pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

interface Dialer1
ip address negotiated
no ip redirects
no ip unreachables
no ip proxy-arp
ip mtu 1460
ip flow ingress
ip nat outside
ip virtual-reassembly in
encapsulation ppp
ip tcp adjust-mss 1420
dialer pool 1
dialer-group 1
no cdp enable

Hi Sir, thank you for reply, this router was reset few times, i was able to make it work few weeks ago but later i reset it cuz it was loading pages very slowly.. i was able to make load pages without those ppoe parameters but i dont remember the parameters i was setting for internet access :/.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card