cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 887 VAG+-K9 router ios upgrade

Portfast
Level 1
Level 1

I want to update my Cisco 887 router due to the following Cisco IOS IKEv1 Packet Handling Information Disclosure Vulnerabilit error.
However, I cannot update it for SPA ios that are in release and appear to be valid.
Example ios:c800-universallk9-mz.SPA.156-2.T2.bin

please help

CSCvb29204
CSCvb36055

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Why can you not update it ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

bootsystem bootflash:
Although I show it with the command, it does not accept it and says it is not valid ios and switches to rommon mode.
Even if I try to open it with 0x2102, it does not open.
I need to switch to old ios with tftp

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would not recommending upgrading to a "T" train unless someone is prepared for the consequences.

Why should I not switch to ios about T train. Is there a url where I can read the results of this?
Thanks

Cisco calls the "T" train "technology". 

All those who have first-hand experience on the instability of the "T" train calls it by a different nomenclature:  Terrible

Make sure the Service Contract (for TAC support) is up to date if the router is going to be running "T" train.

Portfast
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

Cisco has released a new update for this on Sep 22. In the last case, I could not choose which fixed software for the 887 VAG router. Can you help me

SAMEHELSAMMAK
Level 1
Level 1

boot-start-marker
boot system flash:c800-universalk9-mz.SPA.158-3.M2.bin
boot-end-marker

THAT IS THE CORRECT COMMAND

FLASH: NOT BOOTFLASH:

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card