Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 887w wireless rebooting

stevewinwood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We've purchased a couple of Cisco 887w routers, and I've noticed that the wireless module (AP801) keeps rebooting itself approximatley every couple of hours. The 887 router remains up but the AP801 module reloads.

In the show ver the reload reason is listed as:

BBU-Darton-WAP uptime is 59 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:/ap801-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA/ap801-k9w7-mx.124-25d.JA"

..........which isn't very helpful.

I've upgraded the IOS on both the 887 and AP801 but still get the same issue. IOS versions are: -

-          C880DATA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(3)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

-          AP801-K9W7-M), Version 12.4(25d)JA, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I've had one of the routers swapped out as well but the replacement does the same thing.

Done plenty of googling and searches but havent found anyone else with the same problem, which is surprising because we have had 3 887w routers doing it.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve

19 Replies 19

stevewinwood
Level 1
Level 1

Not solved yet :-(

Got case open with TAC and they havent got a clue either

Already had one router swapped and it does the same thing.

I'm testing the router now with some older IOSs to see if they make a difference. Our reseller thinks it may be a software bug but I'm not convinced.

When this kind of things happens, you can ask for case Escalation and "root cause analysys". Is a process done by Product Engineering.

This means an hardware and/or software engineer will be assigned to find what really is happening.

You as customer, must insist to keep the ball into Cisco fielss as priority 1 or 2 case. Otherwise things will move slowly if at all.

adamsieting
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem on a 861w I just unboxed. Running same software on mine. Has anyone found a solution to this?

As indicated above, defective product must be returned via purchase channels or TAC.

stevewinwood
Level 1
Level 1

Eventually we did get this problem resolved. The issue was a defective batch of 887W routers, so if yours is doing the same, get a TAC case logged and get it swapped!

The 887W is now end of life anyway.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card