Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500 stackwise virtual question

dugolotti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a couple of 9500-48Y4C in production configured as stackwise virtual.

The SVL links were configured using four twentygigabit interfaces equipped with 10G DAC CABLE.

Now it is time to promote these switches to become the new core layer of the network and the customer wants to upgrade the SVL links using a couple of 100Gbps.

So we have to switch the SVL configuration from Twe1/0/47 - 48 to HundredGigE1/0/49 - 50.

Is there the possibility to perform such a configuration without having the network impaired?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reset to factory not required as per my understanding, but good to do offline and reload the SVL and join back to Live network is best approach i see, there will be maintenance window required here.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this connected to Live network or going to be Live. ?

If not Live you can change the config, reboot and make it ready before connecting to Live network.

BB

Hello,

unfortunately these devices are in production and it would be nice to minimize the impact.

So, yes tis stack is connected to a Live network.

If I understand well, a factory reset is needed in order to change the SVL ports from TweX to HunY and the Stackwise virtual have to be rebuilt.

In such a case we have to plan the maintenance window taking much more time.

Thanks

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reset to factory not required as per my understanding, but good to do offline and reload the SVL and join back to Live network is best approach i see, there will be maintenance window required here.

BB

Surely the maintenance window will be large enough to reconfigure and reload the stackwise virtual.

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card