cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C1121X-8P New Router Default Password

KMSystemsAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

I received my new routers and didn't realize that they use a Micro USB console port.  I am currently trying to get my hands on an adapter but it may take a bit to get one in shipped in.  

Till then I'm trying to access my router via the switch ports.  I can see the router on 192.168.1.1 using SSH and HTTPS.  The problem is the default password for the unit on the Cisco site doesn't work.  I've found a website with a table of different cisco default passwords using cisco, Cisco, admin, Admin, administrator, and Administrator and I cannot get logged into this thing. 

On top of the SSH I've tried the default web login and https://192.168.1.1/webui/#/dayZeroRouting and I get the same result from all of them.  Does anyone know what the default user/password to get into these units are?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KMSystemsAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

After speaking with TAC this system does not have a default username and password.  We are ordering a console cable asap. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Hmm, when using the console the router will come up and display a  Router > prompt , from which further configurations can be done, meaning the 'enable' command can be entered then without a password. Guess console access may be a requirement here.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

That's how I typically do it but I don't have an adapter to get in yet.  Looks like longest lead times are 6 weeks out so I'm hoping to source any brand we can support quickly. 

- My point being that the device comes with 'empty config' and or there is no default username and password then...

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Try to use no username and password "Cisco".

Trying to login with no username from SSH doesn't allow me in. From the web gui it tells me to "please fill out this field" and it's referring to the user field when trying to login with no user account. 

I'm unable to find the default username and password to do the initial configuration and the link appears to be for configuring the web service on the router.  Is there something I'm missing from this page?

you got access to console and able to Login ?

or you looking Zero Day config wit this Router ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I do not have access to the console.  It will take time to get an adapter in. 

I am trying to Zero Day Config the router.  Is it possible to do from the switch ports via ssh or web gui?  

KMSystemsAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

After speaking with TAC this system does not have a default username and password.  We are ordering a console cable asap. 

- (remember me in earlier reply) (smile)) -> ..- My point being that the device comes with 'empty config' and or there is no default username and password then...

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card