cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C8200-IN-4T

Michael Mutua
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C8200-IN-4T router that i would like to deploy to one branch, however i have a concern

The router ships with a NIC card with four ethernet ports, how can i make the NIM card ports routable?

I intent to connect my LAN switch to that port

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may try  to configure the NIM card ports  as Layer 3 interfaces and assign IP addresses to each port (check if that can work)

Connect your LAN switch to one of the ports on the NIM card using an Ethernet cable.

Access the router's command-line interface (CLI) using a terminal emulator program or SSH.

Enter privileged EXEC mode by typing enable and providing the necessary credentials.

Enter global configuration mode by typing configure terminal.

Identify the interface numbers of the NIM card ports you want to configure. You can use the show interfaces command to list all the available interfaces. The NIM card ports may be labeled as GigabitEthernet X/Y/Z, where X represents the NIM slot number, and Y/Z represents the port number.

Select one of the NIM card ports by typing interface GigabitEthernet X/Y/Z, replacing X/Y/Z with the appropriate interface number.

Configure the interface as a Layer 3 interface by typing no switchport.

Assign an IP address to the interface using the ip address command. For example: ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0, where "192.168.1.1" is the IP address and "255.255.255.0" is the subnet mask. Replace these values with the appropriate IP address and subnet mask for your network.

Enable the interface by typing no shutdown.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card