cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISM-SRE-300-K9 Running AXP on Cisco 1941 ISO Router.

ManIDE661
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 1941 ISM-SRE-300-K9 cost feasibility 

Hello I’m looking to install the ISM-SRE-300-K9 into my Cisco 1941 Router with the AXP software and have a few questions.

I will look at buying a used ISM with the AXP applications already installed and licence included, not sure if this would be more cost effective.

Questions

1) If the ISM was licences in its original Router will these licenses reside on the ISM and so be licenced on my 1941 Router when I install it?

2) I’ve found the link to the software  but all the documentation links are redirecting back to the End-Of-Life announcement page, is there another site where these are hosted?.

The purpose of the AXP     is for the following custom written APPs.

a) Automatic periodical bandwidth check

b) We have a messaging App running through this router, I want to listen for the manager's arrival signature and switch on the Wireless APs.   as well  sending emails and messages which turn light on and off  and air conditioning.

c)  Generate an email when CLI is accessed.

Any advice on suitable option for the ISM would be appreciated, one suggestion was to use an external cpu like a Raspberry PI to do the processing; this would mean leaning a new coding programming system.

1 Reply 1

ManIDE661
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Just wanted post an update.

Regardless of where the licence resides, all the vendors I contacted wipe the ISM-SRE modules before shipping, so a new licence will need to be acquired.

And the document is available as part of the firmware/software update on the Cisco web site.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card