Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet tracer bank network topology diagram

GalibHasan7407
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 
I have been trying to solve this project that was provided in my course.I am rather confused as to how to correctly construct my diagrams. I have googled as to how to configure ripv2, dhcp, vlan with vlsm and static routing. but I can't seem to draw the diagram properly. I have a router restriction on my project I am very confused as to how to finish this. If anyone can help me with drawing the diagram I can hopefully finish the rest. 

I kind of tried everything I could. I failed. 

The project is this:

Project BNK:
Network Requirements:
BNK Bank has 4 branches spread out in the city.
1. Main Motijheel Branch
o Consists of 200 hosts.
2. Dhamondi Branch
o Consists of 100 hosts.
3. Gulshan Branch  
o Consists of 120 hosts.
4. Uttara Branch 
o Consists of 90 hosts.

Some things to keep in mind while designing the network:
● Use routers/switches wherever required.
● But the bank cannot afford to have more than 3 routers. Each branch should be a separate
network.
● Install at least 2 PC/Laptop for each individual network
● All the branches should be able to communicate with each other.
● The main Branch should have the connection to the ISP for the Internet. It should have
redundant connections with the other branches. The bank has an application server, which is
used by it’s customers for online transactions and a database server which is used by the
branches.
● The Internet in this example consists of  ONLY 2 servers i.e (Google and Gmail )
● RIPv2 routing protocol should be used between the internal routers and static routing with the
ISP router. A static host route should be configured in the ISP for the application server for
faster service. The redundant links between branches should serve as back ups.
● Private IP network address used by the university is 192.168.0.0/16 
● All the branches should get their IP through DHCP.
● The ISP has allocated 8 public addresses for this bank, 13.100.96.35 – 42/26. The first two
addresses are statically allocated for the application server and database server at the main
branch. All private addresses allocated must be translated to public when accessing the
Internet.
● The customers and the main branch should have access to the application server.
● Main branch should have access to the Internet anywhere.
● The other branches are only allowed to access the Gmail server.

Deliverable:
The network mentioned above should be implemented in packet tracer, with necessary devices and
full configuration.
After completion you should be able to test the conditions imposed.
As hard copies, you will have to submit the network topology diagram with proper labels and also all
the configurations of all the routers that you have implemented.

28 Replies 28

Hello,

I have put the basic structure together in the attached project file.

1. Routers and IP addressing

2. Redundant links

3. NAT on Main router

4. DHCP on all routers

I have not put any of the servers in there.

Okay, using that router solves a lot of my problems.  thank you so much. I will add the servers and try to make this work. This was indeed what I was looking for. 

Okay, using that router solves a lot of my problems.  thank you so much. I will add the servers and try to make this work. This was indeed what I was looking for. 

Hi sir. Your bank network topology diagram was very useful. 

I also have a question and i can't seem to find suitable answer for it. I'm just a beginner and during this pandemic. I couldn't learn much about networking as well. Could sir please help build the basic diagram of how the LAN schematic drawing should be to implement a Local Area Network (LAN) with WiFi access for a new building(3 floor; ground floor has equipment room ) with 400 network nodes.  

List of hardware and software for this project – example:

Routers, Switches, IT Rack, Patch Panel, Face Plate, Patch Cords,

Horizontal Cabling, Backbone cabling

I've tried many diagram and networks but still failed to configure them. It would be very helpful if sir could help me with this. I just want the basic diagram of what are the network devices should be inside the packet tracer. Thanks a lot sir. Your help will be appreciated a lot. 

Hello,

do you already have a Packet Tracer project file that you can post ? Do you have a text file with the exact requirements ?

Hi sir. Thanks a lot for your reply. I have attached the packet tracer I've tried doing so far.

I have attached the exact words of the assignment below. Please help 

Prepare a Proposal Document for implementing a Local Area Network (LAN) with WiFi access for a new building with 400 network nodes.

Your proposal may include the following outline:

• Development Strategy
  1. a)        LAN Schematics Diagrams:
    • Floor Plan
    • Position of Network Nodes
    • Network Equipment Room (NER)
    • Horizontal Cabling Layout

Hello,

the design looks decent actually. I am not sure what the exact requirements are, but within a building, you want to avoid routers as much as possible, and use switches instead. In your case, one (or two, for HSRP/VRRP/GLBP redundancy) would be sufficient. I have simplified your design accordingly (see attached file)...

Hey ! Sir I am new in networking can you please hlop me out with in sturcture .

Excuse me sir , Can u help me on a project i had been working for final year project submission and had been facing problem since 2 months and i really couldnt finish it. I do have final submission date after a week. Can I contact u on anywhere so that I could clearly mention mine problem to you . I would be glad you help me to finish it. Pleasee...

Hello,

sure thing. What kind of project are you working on ? If it is a Packet Tracer project, post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

TO be more clear, I had been trying to create a network like the one i sent you which consist of ISP, and 2 branches with the required firewalls as well as data servers.  . But I am confused whether i had created it right or wrong. Can u help me to create a functional network diagram with all required LAN and WAN connection as well as the required IP addressing. I had seen you had been helping people from long time and am hoping help from you sir. If you dont mind I am hoping to get more knowledge about CISCO connection from you and be good on this area. I had posted the zip I had desgined but I m not 100% sure if its wright or wrong. If there are any things to change like any things needed to get added or removed can you help me on it sir. 

Hello,

I have opened your file. What (if any) instructions are you following ? All routers and firewalls (except the two top routers) are connected by switches, which means they are all in the same subnet ?

I guess it is a good idea to start out with thinking about what you want to eventually configure:

1. which routing protocol (RIPv2/EIGRP/OSPF/BGP)

2. which IP addressing scheme 

3. which device redundancy (primary/backup devices)

4. server functionality (DHCP/DNS/WWW)

5. traffic flow (which traffic has to go where/to which exit point) 

1. For routing protocol ,i am not sure which one routing protocol is best for the banking network since its mine first time I had been doing on this banking field network.

2. Since its the bank network simulation, in my view its better to use /24 for the easy understanding of the network. You can give IP addresses as you want for now sir. 

3. I dont know where to put the backup devices.

4. Server Functionality - DHCP and You can use DNS where its suitable

5. Starting Internet service provider - each and every parts should be connected as well as these should be succesfull packet transfer between them for the demonstration on presentation.

You can use your own idea for the completion of this network as you are well experienced on this are a sir. And there is one doubt sir , Are all branches of the particular bank are connected within eachother on same subnet or differnet subnet accorgin to the branches. if the connection is wrong in respect to real life scenerio can u help me to re-design the network .

Are you there sir?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card