Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router 2811 & 1841

5y5tadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently we have this router for connecting our HQ to our branches. Can you give us suggestion to replace both since the end of support will be October 2016.

Looking forward for your reply.

7 Replies 7

Ketan Sanil
Level 1
Level 1

You can find Cisco recommendations in below mentioned links.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eol_c51-625662.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eol_c51-631228.html

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

swap them out with ISR G2 routers: 2911 and 1941.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Just a footnote to what John has suggested.  The newer x9xx routers are "faster" than their "corresponding" x8xx, so you might have the option to downsize the model to support your current workload.

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Personally, I would not change them as long as both are working fine.

what if the device failed?

how can you raise support and do RMA if ISR G1 router is already EOS as mentioned on OP.

Hi,

Its a strategy to not change working device even if it reaches EOS or EOL. if its fail for any reason and I could not fix that, then i will replace it and as recommended by Cisco announcement sheet of EOS.

Regards

if you're used to IT nightmares and screaming from management (and customer) then go with your route :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card