cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router IOS Download

yasser38
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing issue downloading Cisco router 3900 series IOS, I click on download and it send me to another webpage, it keeps redirecting me in a loop and I get stuck there, if anyone knows why is this happening, Thank you!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the site URL which redirects? what is the model of the Router?

here is the Link for the 3900 universal images:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282774228/type/280805680/release/15.7.3M8

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am clicking to download an IOS but this windows is showing up and (this link) in blue is redirecting me to page that keeps reloading in a loop

cisco-ios-error.png

You can directly go to the Profile editor on the top right of the Cisco page. And you are hopefully aware that registering is not enough, you need a valid service-contract to download the IOS image.

If you are entitled to download the image, go fulfill the information requesting your profile.

are you tagged with the contract with your email id ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

davismiler283
Level 1
Level 1

To download Cisco Router IOS (Internetwork Operating System) software, you will need a Cisco account and a valid product license.

why school is important

Here are the steps to follow to download Cisco Router IOS:

• Go to the Cisco software download page: https://software.cisco.com/download/home

• Sign in to your Cisco account, or create a new account if you don't have one.

• Select the appropriate product category and series from the drop-down menus.

• Select the specific product and the software version you want to download.

• Agree to the terms and conditions and click "Download."

• Save the downloaded file to your computer.

• Connect your Cisco Router to your computer using a console cable.

• Open a terminal emulator program, such as PuTTY, on your computer and connect to the router using the appropriate COM port and baud rate (usually 9600).

• Enter your router's login credentials and enter privileged mode by typing "enable" and entering the enable password.

• Transfer the IOS software to the router using the appropriate transfer method, such as TFTP or FTP.

• Once the transfer is complete, use the "copy" command to install the IOS software on the router.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card