cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco router(s) 10/100 taking input/crc errors

david.kiernan
Beginner
Beginner

I am getting input and CRC errors on the WAN interface of my Cisco router.

I have tried several Cisco routers - (3) 1841's, and now a 2801.

I've  replaced all cabling.  The Internet connection (cable) has been changed  from coax (30x5 - replaced the modem 3 times as well), to fiber at  50x50.

We've worked with ISP and changed speed/duplex to different values - both auto and "locked" to matching values.

Any  possibility the 10/100 interfaces on the 1841/2801 are having issues  with the Gbe links on all sides?  The inside interface is connected to  either a Gbe switch, or to the Gbe port on the Barracuda and does not  report input errors.

Additionally, with 50x50 service, and a  single laptop connected to the inside interface of the 1841/2801, I can  only pull about 20x50.  If I bypass the Cisco and connect directly to  the ISP gear, I can pull the full bandwidth (50x50).

One last nugget of information - this interface (fa0/1) is connected to the cable ISP, but we are using BGP and a GRE tunnel to route IP space from ISP #2, which is also connected to this router with a T1 WIC.  No NAT'ing is performed on this router - ALL  IP's are public IP's.

The current configuration is:

- Cisco ME3400 fiber switch from the ISP

- copper patch cable directly to the 2801

- both devices set to auto speed/duplex

- int s0/0/0 - T1 to ISP #2

- int fa0/0 - "inside"

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
VIP Community Legend VIP Community Legend
VIP Community Legend

Post the output to the command "sh interface ".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers