Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco router selection query || Need urgent help

imranul hoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working to deploy cisco router to one of my project. Please help/suggest me to choose a model that meet below specification-

Minimun specification requirement as below-

1U Chassis Rack Mountable.

The Router should have minimum 4x 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports and 4-port Layer 2 GE Switch Network Interface Module.

minimum 1 NIM slot for future upgradable.

Router should support at least IPv4 Forwarding minimum upto 25M (Aggr, 50M)

should support IPv4 Forwarding Throughput scalable up to 3.5Gbps and IPsec Throughput scalable up to 500 Mbps.

Number of IPsec VPN Tunnels minimum 1500.

Router should have DRAM 8GB

Router should have onboard Flash storage minimum 2GB.

Number of ACLs per system: 4000

Number of IPv4 ACEs per system: 70K

Number of IPv4 Routes: 750,000

Number of IPv6 Routes: 750,000

Number of Queues: 15K

Number of NAT Sessions: 550,000

Number of VRFs: 1800

Number of firewall sessions 510,000.

Fixed Power Supply.

Should have IPv4, IPv6, static routes, RIP and RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, BGP Router Reflector, IS-IS, IGMPv3, PIM SM, SSM, RSVP, ERSPAN, IPSLA, EEM, IKE, ACL, EVC, DHCP, Frame Relay, DNS, LISP, HSRP, RADIUS, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA), AVC, DVMRP, IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN, IPsec, L2TPv3, BFD, IEEE 802.1ag, and IEEE 802.3ah.

Thanks 

Imran

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @imranul hoque

check C8200 series routers:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-8200-series-edge-platforms/nb-06-cat8200-series-edge-plat-ds-cte-en.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks you copied most of the spec from Cat 8K model of cisco.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

imranul hoque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working to deploy cisco router to one of my project. Please help/suggest me to choose a model that meet below specification-

Minimun specification requirement as below-

1U Chassis Rack Mountable.

The Router should have minimum 4x 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN ports and 4-port Layer 2 GE Switch Network Interface Module.

minimum 1 NIM slot for future upgradable.

Router should support at least IPv4 Forwarding minimum upto 25M (Aggr, 50M)

should support IPv4 Forwarding Throughput scalable up to 3.5Gbps and IPsec Throughput scalable up to 500 Mbps.

Number of IPsec VPN Tunnels minimum 1500.

Router should have DRAM 8GB

Router should have onboard Flash storage minimum 2GB.

Number of ACLs per system: 4000

Number of IPv4 ACEs per system: 70K

Number of IPv4 Routes: 750,000

Number of IPv6 Routes: 750,000

Number of Queues: 15K

Number of NAT Sessions: 550,000

Number of VRFs: 1800

Number of firewall sessions 510,000.

Fixed Power Supply.

Should have IPv4, IPv6, static routes, RIP and RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, BGP Router Reflector, IS-IS, IGMPv3, PIM SM, SSM, RSVP, ERSPAN, IPSLA, EEM, IKE, ACL, EVC, DHCP, Frame Relay, DNS, LISP, HSRP, RADIUS, Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA), AVC, DVMRP, IPv4-to-IPv6 Multicast, MPLS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPN, IPsec, L2TPv3, BFD, IEEE 802.1ag, and IEEE 802.3ah.

Thanks 

Imran

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Get a reputable systems integrator.  

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/cisco-ngfw-selection-query-need-urgent-help/m-p/4924492

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/cisco-switch-selection-query-need-urgent-help/m-p/4924494

Base on the number of threads created, you are out of your depth.  One wrong move and it will cost you a fortune to correct.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card