cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Routers + NAT

TECH-JEFF
Level 1
Level 1

I just want to confirm though I've read some articles that cisco routers doesn't have NAT. The reason why I asked this is because I was trying to create a network based from my previous post about redundancy(HSRP). After the 2x 3560L3 switch>went to a router that goes out of the internet. In my case I was about to put in a cisco ASA but my version of Packet Tracer is the old one so I don't have a Cisco ASA in the selection.

So instead of a FW, I've placed a 1841 router with serial connection to another router.

So, correct me if I'm wrong routers don't have NAT right?

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

FYI -

Routers DO perform nat,

Its switches that DONT  ( well excluding I think the 6500's) - Here

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

FYI -

Routers DO perform nat,

Its switches that DONT  ( well excluding I think the 6500's) - Here

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

TECH-JEFF
Level 1
Level 1

I see, tried checking it now, its under IP>NAT. Ok I guess my test lab will work after all.

Thanks Paul, Have a great day ahead!

Jeff

Jefferson Co
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card