Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV340 router IPv6 on BT ultrafast FTTP set up help

gjr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am running BT ultrafast FTTP and I have replaced my BT smart hub with a Cisco RV340 router.

I have it all set up and it's working fine but I don't know how to set up IPv6. I'm stumped with the IPv6 WAN and LAN settings.

Here are the relevant setting pages. On the WAN page do I need to tick DHCP-PD and if so what do I put in the 'Prefix name' box? So far I am always showing the ipv6 WAN as 'down'

On the LAN page I have no idea!

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_2020-07-11 RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router.pngScreenshot_2020-07-11 RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router1.png

7 Replies 7

gjr
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone help an ipv6 newby ?

Hello,

if you don't know the prefix, try and use the Rapid Deployment option via DHCP (page 49 of the attached guide).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

Looking at the LAN page you posted, I think you have to select the DHCP-PD option as well. BT assigns /56 prefixes...

Thanks for that.

I may know the prefix if I knew what that meant! as I saved all the ipv6 config section pages from the old router.

What sort of number an I looking for? Every thing I have seems to look like an ipv6 ip address but the setting box in the cisco wan section errors if i try to enter a colon?

The section you linked seems to relate to setting up tunnels?

I guess I'm asking, what does a prefix name look like?

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy!

FWIW it turned out to be router advertisement turned off by default

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card