Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV340 router IPv6 on BT ultrafast FTTP set up help

gjr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am running BT ultrafast FTTP and I have replaced my BT smart hub with a Cisco RV340 router.

I have it all set up and it's working fine but I don't know how to set up IPv6. I'm stumped with the IPv6 WAN and LAN settings.

Here are the relevant setting pages. On the WAN page do I need to tick DHCP-PD and if so what do I put in the 'Prefix name' box? So far I am always showing the ipv6 WAN as 'down'

On the LAN page I have no idea!

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot_2020-07-11 RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router.pngScreenshot_2020-07-11 RV340 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router1.png

7 Replies 7

gjr
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone help an ipv6 newby ?

Hello,

if you don't know the prefix, try and use the Rapid Deployment option via DHCP (page 49 of the attached guide).

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV340/Administration/EN/b_RV340x_AG.pdf

Looking at the LAN page you posted, I think you have to select the DHCP-PD option as well. BT assigns /56 prefixes...

Thanks for that.

I may know the prefix if I knew what that meant! as I saved all the ipv6 config section pages from the old router.

What sort of number an I looking for? Every thing I have seems to look like an ipv6 ip address but the setting box in the cisco wan section errors if i try to enter a colon?

The section you linked seems to relate to setting up tunnels?

I guess I'm asking, what does a prefix name look like?

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy!

FWIW it turned out to be router advertisement turned off by default

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card