cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Connectivity among different sites?

Rabnawaz Anwar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our lan network over different sites with cisco routers and switches and icorporated VOIP in it.There are actually sevent sites with EFM internet service.Cisco routers that we use are Cisco 3725 at headquarter and Cisco 1841 and 877 routers on other sites.Now we want to connect these sites through cisco VPN.We want to create two VPN i.e one for voice and other for Data.

I am new to Cisco and have limited knowledge and experience of doing this sort of VPN configuration.Please advice me how to connect these sites thru cisco VPN.I have surfed internet and found different methods of doing it like easy VPN etc.Please  advice which VPN configuration that is simplest and easy to configure and understandable that I use to configure VPN between these sites.What are necessary requirements of configuring VPN etc.

Rabnawaz Anwar

1 Reply 1

Latchum Naidu
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Rabnawaz,

The best advice is configure a site to site IPSec vpn tunnels between sites (may be hub and spoke).
If you know that there will be not much traffic between spoke sites then this is a good idea.
If you know that there will be a much traffic between spoke sites then, I would suggest go for DMVPN where spoke and spoke can communicate without coming to hub.

The things required to configure a IPSec vpn are, Interent connection at each site with static public IP. And you need k9 bundle of IOS version running on the routers.

Please see the below links for more related information and configuration examples.
http://www.routergeek.net/general/how-to-configure-site-to-site-vpn-in-cisco-routers/

Hope the above clear and understand you.
Please rate all the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card