cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco wireless controller 2504 (Connect two different network)

patwalp01
Level 1
Level 1

HI

we are using Cisco wireless controller with 5 AP's for internal network. I want to connect my broadband (RJ11 termination) with our wireless controller. Is this possible to connect both network together using RJ11 to RJ45 Converter. Or any other method ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I don't think this is possible. The broadband RJ11 is probably for connection to the telephone line( e.g. for ADSL). To connect to the 2504 wireless controller you will need to use the RJ45 network connection. You will need a broadband router to connect to the Internet and then you can connect the wireless controller to the broadband router.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks John. Doubt is clear.

So if i have Ethernet Broadband connection, then i will connect to Broadband router and then broadband router to my existing Cisco wireless controller.

Could you tell me how can i configure 2 network in Cisco Controller ? 

thanks.

Hi,

Configuration of the wireless controller will depend on whether you are setting up a home network or an enterprise network. Have a  look at the following doc as a guide to deploying your wireless controller.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/2500-series-wireless-controllers/113034-2500-deploy-guide-00.html

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

John,

Which port on the wireless controller should be connected to the broadband router?

How should that port be configured when connected to the broadband router? The wireless controller is NOT a switch.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card