Helpful
Replies

CISCO1841 SSL VPN (WebVPN) issue.

DmityMarkelov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gentlemen,
Need your help solving the following problem in configuring CISCO 1841
I need to configure the router for external vpn access over SSL using the cisco anyconnect client. Unfortunately, It doesn't work. I concluded that the router does not have an SSL VPN license.
The router uses cisco ios version 12.4 (25c) (c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25c.bin) see the screenshot below
Software version (#sh ver)

show version.png

Files that stored on flash (#sh flash)

list of files on the flash.png

Symptoms
1. it is not possible to install "annyconnect webdeploy pkg" because when I enter the command "#crypto vpn anyconnect..." the error "Invalid input detected at marker" is issued and points to the "vpn" parameter. And the "#crypto ?" displays a list of available parameters that do not include the "vpn" parameter (see screenshot)

crypto command parameters allowed.png

2.I can't configure an existing webvpn. The list of parameters also lacks the parameters described in the manuals such as "gateway" and "context" (see screenshot)

webvpn command parameters allowed.png
What should I do in this case? Where can I find a license or configure an SSL VPN on what I have?

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Georg,

The problem was resolved after updating the firmware to another one with the index T. Now the SSL VPN license is available and the WebVPN configuration is available too.

I replaced c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25c.bin with c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T6.bin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

the option 'crypto vpn' does not look familiar, I am not sure if you need that at all. Have a look at the link below, otherwise, post the running configuration of your 1841.

https://chasingmyccie.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/remote-ssl-vpn-with-cisco-anyconnect-client-and-a-1841-router/

Hi Georg,

Everything is going pretty well according to the manual, but at this point (config)# WebVPN gateway WEBVPN_GATE something goes wrong (see screenshot)

Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 22.37.58.png

I have no idea why this is happening. And I believe the it is an unusual behaviour of WebVPN if it's installed correctly.

Have you ever met this case?

Hi Georg,

The problem was resolved after updating the firmware to another one with the index T. Now the SSL VPN license is available and the WebVPN configuration is available too.

I replaced c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25c.bin with c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-24.T6.bin

Hello,

great, good to hear that you git it resolved.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card