cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO881W-GN-A-K9 Issues

rtaraszka
Level 1
Level 1

A few months ago I bought a Cisco 881W Router (shipped from Cisco itself) running IOS c880data-universalk9-mz.151-1.bin

As it turns out this image is full of software bugs. Is there any possibility of getting access to an image upgrade for free since it is still under warranty and this router came with such a bugy image version. I’m not willing to buy a SmartNet contract. The EZVPN does not work properly. The disconnects do not get terminated properly. Each time a VPN client disconnects I have to reboot the router in order for the routing and virtual access interfaces to clear.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try calling the TAC making your complains for having received a product that doesn't work good and ask if they can help giving you an updated image.

If they don't, you can try engaging a reputable consultant, or certified Cisco partner, or try ti get the image yourself someway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card